Which Korean TV drama’s are sold with the highest fee to China?
Korean TV drama’s are becoming more and more popular across whole Asia, including China. It is not surprising that Chinese TV stations and online Chinese video sites are paying a lot of money to purchase the broadcasting rights of these Korean TV drama’s. Below you can see the list of current Korean TV drama’s with the highest fee paid for each episode by a Chinese network station.
- Hwarang: The beginning (starring Go Ara, Park Seo-Joon, Park Hyung-Sik) each episode sold for 300.000 US Dollar
- Pinocchio (Park Shin-Hye, Lee Jong-Suk) each episode sold for 280.000 US Dollar
- Saimdang, the Herstory each episode sold for 270.000 US Dollar
- Descendants of the Sun (Song Hye-kyo, Song Joong-ki) each episode sold for 250.000 US Dollar
- Uncontrollably Fond (Suzy and Kim Woo Bin) each episode sold for 250.000 US Dollar
- The producers each episode sold for 200.000 US Dollar
- You who came from the stars each episode sold for 40.000 US Dollar.
New Korean TV drama Legend of the Blue Sea starring Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji-hyun could become the Korean drama with the highest fee ever paid, rumors say a Chinese company wants to buy the broadcasting rights for 500.000 US Dollar for each episode.